I Can't believe it's Not Rice, "Cauliflower" Fried Rice Recipe
This I can't believe it's not rice, "cauliflower" fried rice recipe is going to change your world. Being a vegetarian has been a great experience for me because I was forced to learn how to make vegetables taste amazing! As a vegetarian, one of the things I have to be conscious of is not overdoing it with the heavy carb recipes. I eat carbs, plenty of them, that is why when I can make a meal taste virtually the same without the added starch, I will opt for the zoodle or cauliflower rice instead. It is called balance and I am telling you, you are going to love this recipe!
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup edamame beans (out of the shells) There is a box of them in the produce section at Trader Joe's
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 bag about 1 cup cauliflower rice
- General Tao's stir-fry sauce from Trader Joes (optional)
- Add olive oil and chopped onion to a frying pan and brown
- Add garlic and continue to stir
- Add carrots and edamame beans, stir until softened
- Add soy sauce and stir. Let the onion and veggie mix simmer in soy sauce on high heat for a minute or two and continue to stir.
- Add cauliflower rice and stir.
- At this point, you might need a little more oil or a little more soy sauce... add what you feel is needed and continue to mix for at least 5-7 minutes. You want the cauliflower rice to absorb all the flavors and cooking it a little longer does the trick. Once you feel it is done, cook it a little longer, (lol) remove it from the heat and set aside.
- in a separate pan, scramble the 4 eggs and then add to cauliflower rice mix and stir.
- That is it! I also like to add a drizzle of General Tao's Stir Fry Sauce from Trader Joes and top with roasted broccoli and silvered onions!