Bring Our Peanut Butter Protein Cookies to Your Holiday Party!
Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
for your Holiday Party.
I hope everyone is excited about the holidays and I hope you are enjoying all the festivities that come with it! Yes, I am talking about cookies! I had to share this peanut butter protein cookie recipe because it is so easy. I mean it, there are only 5 ingredients! Plus, it is high in protein and although it isn't sugar-free, it is lower in sugar than other recipes which means you can eat more haha. Kidding, you can eat whatever you want! At our house, we just try to be concious of our sugar intake and add nutrients whenever it is possible even in cookies.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Mix the peanut butter, eggs, protein powder, and sugar in a bowl. Note that some peanut butter is creamier than others and so you might need to add a little more protein to the mix in order to get the correct cookie dough consistency. If your dough is a little on the dry side add more peanut butter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop a spoonful of dough out of the bowl and start to roll it into a ball between your hands. You can add water to your hands if the dough is sticking.
- Smash the ball down between your hands to form a round cookie shape and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the dough is gone.
- Take a fork and press lines on the top of your cookies and place in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges of your cookies begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a cookie rack.
- As your cookies are cooling begin to melt your chocolate chips by slowly heating and constantly stirring them in a pan on the oven. I also added a tiny bit of milk to thin out the chocolate.
- Once your chocolate is melted and ready to go, take a spatula or fork and drizzle chocolate over your cookies and let cool until chocolate hardens.
- That is it! Enjoy.
Bradford loved these cookies and I think we might have the only child that doesn't like sweets and because these cookies are a bit more savory than sweet, True was all about them! It worked out perfectly for us because we are headed to Kalahari indoor waterpark in Ohio to meet Bradford's family for some holiday fun. We have our snack box loaded with healthy snacks and some peanut butter protein cookies too.