This Tofu in Peanut Sauce is BOMB
When it comes to tofu I am a beginner. In Mexico, finding tofu isn't always the easiest task but we were able to find one pack of soft tofu on our last trip to the store. I wasn't sure if we would like the texture but we gave it a shot and to be honest the soft tofu was better than the firm tofu for this recipe. It melts in your mouth like butta!
Bradford loves asian food but when we order it at a restaurant it always seems to hurt his stomach. So happy to say this recipe is vegan, healthy, delicious, and didn't cause any problem for Bradford who has a lot of food allergies. So it is a win!
- Tofu Bowl
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or additional sesame oil, divided
- 16 oz tofu, pressed and drained
- Peanut sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cube tofu and place in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes. If you aren't using a non-stick baking sheet, lightly spray with cooking spray. Remove from oven and place in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce (sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, chili garlic sauce, peanut butter) until creamy and smooth. Add 1/2 of the sauce to the tofu bowl and let marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss the broccoli and cauliflower with 2 teaspoon sesame or olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes until just tender.
- Heat remaining olive or sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, in batches, along with the marinating sauce until crispy and golden browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Arrange rice and veggies on a plate or in a bowl. Top with tofu pieces and drizzle with peanut sauce and peanuts. (Note, we also love adding a little sweet Thai chili sauce to the cauliflower.) Enjoy!